Other Services & Resources
Frequently Called Numbers
Did you know that there are more than 60 countries represented on our campus?
Atlanta Technical College (ATC) is committed to helping international students succeed both academically and socially during their time at ATC. Our international student support programs are designed to help international students navigate the admission process, obtain immigration documents, and adapt to a new culture. Once on campus, the coordinator of international student services and global initiatives can also provide assistance with the identification of student supoort services and cultural programs.
Atlanta Technical College offers a full menu of academic programs that will prepare you for the global marketplace. Please click on the link the view our list of programs. ** Note -
F-1 students can only apply for associate degree programs.
Candidates for admission to Atlanta Technical College are classified as “International applicants” if they meet any of the following criteria:
1. Complete an Application for Admission and submit it along with the $20 (USD) application fee. F-1 students cannot apply for diploma or certificate programs. *The international application process can be lengthy due to the time needed to gather, prepare andprocess paperwork; international applicants are encourage to apply and begin the process at least one semester prior to their desired start date.ATC semesters generally start as follow:
Fall Semester– August
Spring Semester– January
2. Submit your official high school/GED transcript directly from your secondary school (if you graduated).A document evaluation is required of your secondary school transcript. We must also receive a course-by-course evaluation of ALL previously attended colleges/universities. Foreign transcripts must be translated in English, evaluated and determined to be equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma. We require applicants to used one of the following agencies for evaluation services for international transcripts/credentials: Josef Silnv & Associates, Inc., Education Credential Evaluators, and World Education Services.
All foreign high school transcripts must be evaluated by one of these agencies to determine if it is equivalent to the United States high school diploma. Document by document evaluation are required for high school evaluations. Course by course evaluation are required for college transcript evaluations
3. English Proficiency -- Students must prove fluency in English by taking the Compass placement exam, if the applicant is in the United States. Applicants located outside the US, must meet the TOEFL requirements of the following: Internet-based, 61; Computer-based, 173; or paper-based 500 or IELTS score of 5.5.
4. Bank statements dated within the last 6 months showing a minimum of $18,532 (USD) per academic year, OR
5. All new F–1 students are required to attend the mandatory F-1 Orientation. These sessions are held the Friday before classes begin each semester. This is a mandatory orientation. Failure to attend will result in a hold on the student’s account.
Students who desire to transfer to Atlanta Tech must receive a transfer clearance form signed by the previous school's Designated School Official (DSO or PDSO).
Prospective international students applying for admissions may contact:
The Halle Exchange is a formal agreement between A German Technical College, Felix Fechenbach Berufskolleg, in Detmold, Germany and Atlanta Technical College. In February 2014, members of the Felix Fechenbach delegation in Germany visited Atlanta and lived with the Atlanta Tech students. Atlanta Tech students will have the opportunity to become delegates to Germany in September 2016.
***Our admissions and advising services are free and available to all students, regardless of their residency status***