Welcome to Atlanta Technical College named the 2012 Technical College of the Year for the state of Georgia!
Fall Semester 2014 Admission Dates
Fall Classes begin Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Thursday July 17, 2014 - Admissions application and document deadline
Current and returning students
- Thursday July 17, 2014 - Program Change Deadline
- Thursday July 17, 2014 - Re-Admission Deadline (For students previously enrolled who have not attended for at least one semester)
** Please note that applicants who complete the admission process early will be invited to participate in Early Registration. Those who qualify will receive a letter of acceptance and information on their registration date.
Admission deadlines are listed in the General Catalog and the Schedule of Classes. Incomplete or late applicants for credit programs will be advised to consider special admission status or a future term.
Apply to Atlanta Technical College in Six Easy Steps
Provide proof of Georgia residency. Documents may be required if you are requesting in-state tuition, but have lived in Georgia less than 12 months.
PLEASE NOTE: Legal residence requires not only recent physical presence in Georgia, but also the element of intent to reside here indefinitely. Appropriate documentation must be submitted with this form and must reflect at least 12 consecutive months of Georgia residency immediately preceding the first day of classes of the term for which you are seeking the in-state rate.
Provide verification of citizenship.
Acceptable forms of verification include: driver’s license, state identification, permanent resident card, passport or citizenship certificate.
Submit official transcripts
- If you have not attended college before - have official high school or GED transcript sent to: Atlanta Technical College, c/o The Office of Admissions, 1560 Metropolitan Parkway, SW, Atlanta, Georgia 30310.Atlanta Technical College does not accept special education diplomas or certificates of attendance.
- Applicants who have completed a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours at the degree level - have official transcripts from ALL of the colleges/universities previously attended sent to: Atlanta Technical College, Office of Admissions, 1560 Metropolitan Parkway, SW, Atlanta, Georgia 30310 c/o The Office of Admissions.
Applicants who have been awarded an associate degree or higher from an accredited institution are not required to submit a high school transcript or GED scores.
Submit official SAT, ACT, CPE, ASSET or COMPASS scores, taken in the last five years, to the Admissions Office. Compass scores from exams taken at ATC remain active for a period of five years. They should also be official scores submitted in a sealed envelope. If these scores are not available, applicants should prepare to take the COMPASS placement test. To schedule your placement exam, click here. If you would like to know the minimum scores necessary to start immediately in your desired program click here.
Apply for financial aid - Prospective students should begin the financial aid process as soon as an application is filed. For information on financial aid click here or call (404) 225-4716. For information on Atlanta Tech scholarships click here.
- Complete the Hope Grant application at www.GAcollege411.org for state aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov for federal aid.
Admission to Atlanta Tech is not a guarantee acceptance to a specific certificate, diploma, or degree program. The admission process encourages students to enter programs in which they have a reasonable expectation of success. Applicants furnishing false, incomplete, or misleading information will be subject to rejection or dismissal without a refund. ATC admits students regardless of age, sex, race, national origin, color or handicap. Students seeking admission into any credit or non-credit course or program must be at least 16 years of age. The application will be maintained for one academic year from the date of application. Applicants will then have to complete the admissions process and submit all documents again.
Once all documents have been received, your application will be reviewed for admission. You will be notified via email when to register for classes.
Checking Your Admissions Status
After completing the application, you may check your status by logging back into your account. Enter your Login ID and Pin (Very important!). Once in, under ‘Processed Applications’ click on the term for which you are applying.
Not Ready to Apply?
Take a few moments to visit GAcollege411 and take an assessment of your career interests. Explore how who you are matches with careers by using one or all of the career assessment tools. For videos on how to use the tools, click here.